Key areas: property development, property lending, development funding and procurement risk.
Of relevance to:
- Property developers, funders of property acquisition or development who need cost effective due diligence on contracts.
- Prospective tenants or purchasers of a site or of buildings constructed within the last 12 years who want to know what protection they getting from existing or proposed construction documentation.
The property development sector
Allardice Associates understands the property development sector – inside out.
Whatever stage a client is at with a development scheme, they can add value and work with them to identify and divert or minimise risk.
- Putting clients in touch with specialists for land acquisition and site investigations
- Working out a procurement strategy that best suits their objections and is future proofed
- Drafting and negotiating a robust matrix of contracts
- Advising on the legal implications of any issues that come up during the course of the project
- Collating the contract documents and ancillary agreements and distributing them to the right people.
The whole process can be made as simple and pain-free as possible.
A comprehensive understanding of each parties’ role and requirements enables Allardice Associates to work efficiently with clients, the rest of the project team and advisers.
Risk, roles and responsibilities
Allardice Associates discuss with their clients the allocation of risk, roles and responsibilities across the project team, giving the project the best chance to complete on time, on budget and without disputes.
Advice given always recognises the wider transaction and the commercial drivers behind it.
Early involvement in a project enables an effective team to be formed, de-mystifying the development process and making sure that it runs smoothly – helping clients focus more on their core business.
These services may be suitable for:-
Architects, engineers, surveyors, project managers, employer’s agents, landscape architects, mechanical and electrical designers, designers, interior designers, property developers, contractors, subcontractors, fit-out contractors, demolition contractors, property lawyers, property solicitors, arbitrators, adjudicators, banks, housing associations and local authorities.
Comprehensive services advice
Allardice Associates provides comprehensive, commercial and efficient services advising on
- Procurement strategies
- Development agreements
- Funding agreements
- Building contracts – bespoke and standard published forms
- Professional appointments
- Terms of purchase
- Framework agreements
- The grant of third party rights.